Friday, November 2, 2007

Prayer from the heart of a 5 year old....

Last night Elizabeth and I said our night time prayers.

After she said "Now I lay me down to sleep..." we always have our additional three prayers:

  • Pray to Jesus and thank him for something.
  • Pray to Jesus and ask him to help someone else.
  • Pray to Jesus and ask him to help her self with something.
As usual, her prayers are always so thoughtful and inspiring to me. She is the perfect example of how prayer should be. It doesn't have to me long, complicated and have lots of words. Prayer just need to come from your heart, not your head. That's where us adults get stuck when we try to pray. We end up thinking to much about what to say rather than just letting the words come from our heart.

Anyways, here are the three prayers from Elizabeth:

  1. "Jesus, thank you for everything in the world."
  2. "Jesus, please help the poor people who are hungry."
  3. "Jesus, please help me clean my room better and faster. Oh, and also help me to remember to clean it when I forget!"

No comments: